Class Programs 2015 Term 2
- Understanding money. E.g. Calculations of change to the nearest 5cents and rounding’s.
- Mental maths involving addition, subtractions and estimations. E.g. Quickly add or minus pairs of double digit numbers (16+14, 16-14) using appropriate strategy.
- Understanding Time. E.g. Reading analogue and digital clocks and their conversions, time lapse and durations strategies.
- Understanding angles and their relations to 2D shapes. E.g. squares, triangles, etc and the ability to draw them out for visualisations.
- Estimating and rounding (Use decimal notation and place value for thousandths and hundredths. E.g. converting value of money from $1765.40 to cents or length such as 3210 cm to metres).
- Comparing negative and positive numbers on a number line.
- Financial Maths (sales, profit, costs, discounts, etc).
- Understanding factors, multiples, prime and composites.
- Understand and extend number sequences and their multiples E.g. 5, 10, 25,etc.
- Understand difference between (1/2 & 1/4, 1/3 & 1/6, 1/5 & 1/10, etc.).
- Understanding fractions and equivalence between: 1/2, 1/10, and 1/100 as well as that that 1/2 is equivalent to 0.5, 1/10 is equivalent to 0.1 and 1/100 is equivalent to 0.01.
- Understanding improper fraction to a mixed number, e.g. 7/4 to 1¾;
- Understanding halves, tenths and hundredths as percentages
- Usage of fractions to describe and estimate a simple proportion, e.g. 1/2 of the lolly is red.
- Clocks and it`s other applications, e.g. read and use timetables using the 24-hour clock.
- Use a calendar to calculate time intervals in days, weeks or months.
- In-depth strategies for calculating areas, perimeters of complex shaped objects or simple compound shapes.
- Relationship between volume and capacity.
Locations & Schedules
Port Melbourne Neighborhood Centre building.
154 Liardet Street, Port Melbourne or
Corner of Nott and Liardet streets, Port Melbourne.
Please find our proposed weekday class schedules for new students starting Term 3 ( July ) 2015.
Year 4 Weekly Schedules
• Monday 4.00pm till 5.00pm
• Wednesday 5.15pm till 6.15pm
• Thursday 6.30pm till 7.30pm
Year 5 Weekly Schedules
• Monday 5.15pm till 6.15pm
• Wednesday 6.30pm till 7.30pm
• Thursday 4.00pm till 5.00pm
Year 6 Weekly Schedules
• Monday 6.30pm till 7.30pm
• Wednesday 4.00pm till 5.00pm
• Thursday 5.15pm till 6.15pm
*Please note current students continuing into next year level in 2015 need not register.
School Term Dates
Term 2: 13 April to 26 June
Term 3: 13 July to 18 September
Term 4: 5 October to 18 December
Term 2: 11 April to 24 June
Term 3: 11 July to 16 September
Term 4: 3 October to 20 December
Term 2: 18 April to 30 June
Term 3: 17 July to 22 September
Term 4: 9 October to 22 December
Registering is easy, simply book on line for each child per term. Registrations will be treated on a first in basis. The system will not allow bookings for a particular session once all the available places are taken. For those students wishing to start after the first week, please call. First lesson for term 1 starts on 02-02-2015. Please note, a non-refundable $30 registration fee is payable via PayPal upon registration which will be deducted from the term fees in 2015. Once we have received your registration and payment, we will confirm your class time and your tutor. Our classes from term 3 will be held at the Port Melbourne Neighborhood Centre building, 154 Liardet Street, Port Melbourne (on the corner of Nott and Liardet streets). Please bring stationery and your emailed confirmation with you to the first class.